Epsom & Ewell High School
In partnership with parents and the community, we seek to prepare our students for the challenges of the modern world; we want them to flourish and grow during their time with us, develop all their many gifts and talents and go on confidently to achieve their ambitions, whatever they might be.
We have delivered the highest of standards and sustained that performance over the last 4 years. We value every student and leave no stone unturned in ensuring that he or she can achieve. We work closely with parents and have high aspirations for all.
- In 2014 the local authority graded us as 'outstanding' across all areas including the sixth form.
- In 2014 we awarded National Support School status by the Department for Education and the National College for Teaching and Leadership. This recognised our high performing status and capacity to provide school-to-school support.
- In every year of the last 4 years we have been ranked in the top 8 of schools in Surrey for students' 'value added' (i.e. by how much students perform above their expected levels) and only one of 3 Surrey schools to do this.
- In 2013 we founded the Bourne Education Trust; a Surrey based multi-academy trust made up of six schools. It is one of the largest education trusts in Surrey.
- In 2012 OFSTED graded us a 'good' with a number of outstanding features, particularly in the key areas of leadership, progress and capacity to improve.
- In 2012 we received the 'outstanding improvement award' from the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust.
- In 2010 we were named in the OFSTED Chief Inspector’s Report as one of the 8 most improved schools in the country and one of only 3 schools that jumped four levels in their grading categories in one go. The Chief Inspector of Schools for England and Wales stated that to "... become a good or outstanding school after being in an Ofsted category in the previous full inspection shows a singularity of purpose that comes from highly capable leadership."
- In 2013 we founded Teach England. This utilises our expertise to prepare and train foreign teachers relocating to England. Both this and our work with the two aforementioned teaching alliances mean that we can recruit the very best new staff.
In short, this is a fast moving school in which all students can achieve both inside and outside the classroom. OFSTED's main conclusion accurately reflects what this school is now about. The final report stated that "Epsom and Ewell High is a good school that has undergone a transformational journey in the last three years... Staff and students alike believe that they can achieve outstandingly well."